Distillation (Water-Methanol) Simulation:
The Distillation simulation is a rigorous and high-fidelity mathematical process model that provides a realistic dynamic response for a methanol-water distillation column.
A methanol-water distillation unit separates a mixture of methanol and water, into methanol-rich and water-rich streams. The methanol-rich product is drawn from the top of the tower and the water-rich stream is drawn from the bottom of the tower.
The distillation unit consists of 17 trays, overhead water cooled total condenser, reflux drum and steam heated thermo-siphon reboiler.
Major Operations for Trainee Practice:
- Startup and Shutdown Operations
- Normal Operations
- Emergency Shutdown Operations
- Troubleshooting Equipment, Instrument and Control Valve Malfunctions
- Malfunction Recovery Actions
- Detailed Tray-by-Tray Calculations
- Condenser Flood Back Simulation
- Plant Alert and Monitor for
- Flooding of Trays
- Opening of Safety valves
- Equipment Details
- Dynamic Tray Animation with Detailed Information
- Dynamic Bar Charts for Tower Temperature, Flows, Pressure Drop Profiles